Ms. Callahan has represented many children diagnosed with Autism, Autistic Spectrum Disorder, and Pervasive Developmental Disorder. Many of these cases have dealt with obtaining appropriate services for the students. In most cases the families were seeking quality Applied Behavior Analytic programs so that the child can progress during the critical preschool years. When appropriate programs are not available Ms. Callahan has fought for and won decisions for intensive home services.
In other cases Ms. Callahan has sought and obtained intensive home programs and partial school placements (preschools or grade schools) with Shadows and additional supports so children can generalize what they learn in ABA. Ms. Callahan has represented multiple grade school age children who needed private placements or supplemental ABA programs, out of district placements Home programs and obtaining appropriate supports so a child can be included to the maximum extent appropriate with typical peers.
In addition Ms. Callahan has had children placed in residential treatment facilities when necessary. Attached hereto is a sample of the decisions obtained in cases dealing with children on the Autistic Spectrum.
- JH o/b/o BH vs. South Orange Maplewood Board of Education
- TP vs. South Orange Maplewood Board of Education
- DJ v. Hasbrouck Heights Board of Education
- JL o/b/o EL v. Park Ridge Board of Education
- MM and BM o/b/o CM v. Readington Township Board of Education
- MM o/b/o CM v. Readington Township Board of Education
- SC o/b/o SC v. Millburn Board of Education